Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Here We Come!

Hello Everyone! I hope you are doing well! I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I am making the switch to this form of communication as opposed to our classroom website. By clicking the "follow" button you will be able to receive updates as I post them here. I will be sharing classroom updates, upcoming events, celebrations, and other helpful resources for you and your students throughout the rest of the year.



I am making a few adjustments to my instruction to better serve all of you and your children! I will be implementing stations for instruction in reading, writing, and math. I will be using a structure referred to as the Daily 5. The Daily 5 approach implements several components that continue to re-enforce independence while simultaneously support your child's growth in reading and writing. The components can include reading to someone, reading to self, listening to reading, work on writing, meeting with me (or Mrs. Kahler), and word work. 


During math instruction, students will be working on number concepts, (de) composition, practice writing their numbers (0-20), and reviewing previous content. I will also have my general support pieces (taking down/putting up student work, checking off homework, prepping art projects, etc.). 




I am still finalizing the revitalized volunteer sign up sheet, so keep your eyes peeled for the updated version! 

Here are the pictures from the Winter Celebration that we had in December! I would like to share my gratitude towards all the help and support you offered to make that such a special day! Thank you to Joe & Kelsey Nolan, Twinkle Patel, Stacey Hussey, Gene Lee, Rishna Yang, Lisa Landry, Mel Mamauag, Tyshenna Williams, Nadine Taghap, Margo Hinson, and Valerie Frederickson! You all did an amazing job facilitating the festivities! Thank you to all of you who supplied us with frosting, cookies, treats, goody bags, etc! This celebration was a huge success! 





Below is the link to vote on how we proceed with homework! Your input will assist me in better serving you and your family! It only takes a few seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbaloo: Student Access